Friday, August 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love? More like Eat, Eat, Eat...

Last weekend I ate.  And ate.  And ate!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at my fiance's friend's wedding on the 6th.  The fare at a New York wedding is always extravagant and the wine is always flowing, and this wedding was no exception.  I left stuffed...but not too stuffed to dance first!  I'm the dancin' fool in blue.  My friend Jeanine (my fiance's cousin's fiance...follow?) and I sure tore it up on that dance floor!  Our fiance's stood by the bar and "looked cool".



Next stop, Saturday morning, was my parents house in Massachusetts.  Lunch was at the cutest little local country store, Fern's in Carlisle, MA.  I had a turkey sandwich piled high on a local bakery's garlic herb bread, and slathered with a cranberry mayo.  Mmmmm.  And my brother scored some amazing smoked salmon, cream cheese & dill dip and was so sweet to share with me.  The fiance and I took our full bellies over to the church where we're getting married in October to fill out some paperwork and chat with the priest.  We now just have to choose some readings for the ceremony.  Good stuff.  (I almost FORGOT...while in NY, before the wedding, we ordered our wedding riiinnggs!!)

Dinner was perfect.  My brother, Ben, is a grill master.  He has a favorite butcher shop, Meat Again in Westford, MA, so we went there to get some marinated steak tips.  He said the nicest thing to me as we were preparing dinner for the fam together...something along the lines of how he got his love of food/cooking from me.  Awwwww!  Anyway...

3 amazing flavors of marinated steak tips later: Hawaiian Cowboy, Cheese & Garlic, and Teriyaki, I whipped together some of my "famous" potato packets for the grill (famous in my family anyway) with some of the potatoes my mom got in her CSA that week, garlic, butter, oil, salt & pepper, and we threw some corn-on-the-cob on the grill which had been de-silked but left in the husk and soaked on water.  Mom assembled a perfect green salad, and the meal was complete.  Eating dinner on the porch with the fam on a delightfully mosquito-free summer evening...priceless!  (wish I had though to take a pic or 2)  Dinner was followed by a dessert trip to Kimball's.  If' you don't know about Kimball's, I'm truly sorry.  A kiddie cup of Coconut Almond Chip ice cream topped the day off.  Full...belly...

Stay tuned for the next day's eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment