Monday, August 16, 2010

My Poor Dog

Today Bear was the unfortunate recipient of the worst haircut of his life.

I dropped him off before work, so happy that later in the day he would be cooler.  I told them to shave him with a #7 (not right to the skin) but to keep some of his characteristic Terrier beard.  The groomer called at lunchtime to tell me Bear was ready.  I went to pick him up, and they brought out a dingo. 



They completely shaved his beard off!  (compare to his pic in the last post)  Oh well, at least he's cool and it will grow back.  But I think he's embarassed.

On a brighter note, my breakfast was delicious!  Iced coffee in my Copco cup with vanilla soy milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a variation on Overnight Oats in a Jar from Tina at Carrots 'n Cake.  Last night I mixed some toasted flax seeds, oats & oat bran in a jar with golden raisins, coconut, a blob of peanut butter and vanilla soy milk.  When I got to work, I microwaved it for a minute or so and ended up with the yummiest, creamiest, most filling breakfast.  It's also super delicious straight out of the fridge, but I work in a freezing cold office so I like having a hot breakfast.



I almost wasn't hungry for my leftovers-salad at lunchtime, but remembering the enchilada in there got the best of me.  Yes, an enchilada in a salad.  I had leftover Trader Joe's Black Bean & Corn Enchilada from the night before, plus sauteed mini-pattypan squash (from the farmer's market!), caramelized onions, and some goat cheese that I just tossed on a mix of Romaine and other greens.  Didn't last long enough for a picture.  :-)

Can't wait to see what I cobble together for dinner.  The fiance is out of town, so I can take more liberties with what I call "dinner".  It usually includes a glass of wine.  A few years ago, some friends and I went to the Great Grapes wine festival and discovered Red Cat, White Cat & Cabin Fever by Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards.  White Cat is what's uncorked for this week in my fridge.

Almost time; Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment