Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Slipped My Mind...

I forgot to tell you about the rest of my Eat, Eat, Eat weekend!

Picking up with Sunday (August 8th)...

My parents kitchen has been under construction, and my mom doesn't love cooking, so after church she suggested we go out to breakfast.  I said "naaahhhh...do you have eggs?"  "yes"  "do you have veggies?"  "yes"  "do you have cheese?"  "yes"  "flour, milk, sugar?"  "yes, yes yes"  "Don't worry Mom, I'll whip up breakfast!" 

I was dying to test out the kitchen updates (a huugge ceramic farmer's sink and amaaaazing granite countertops) so I set right to work making omelets to order and pancakes.  My brother talked me into flipping the first omelete, which I did and the dogs ended up eating it off the floor.  Oops!  Good thing my parents haven't had the new floor installed yet.

Breakfast rocked, I love feeding people!

Fiance then headed up to Maine, for appointments with the bakery & wedding reception place, and so he could finally see the hotel I was telling everyone to stay in for the wedding.  On the way, we stopped at the outlets in Kittery and poked around for a litte while.  Then we went to Bob's Clam Hut for lunch...I LOVE BOB'S!  I have my friend Cameron to thank for telling me about this place a few years ago.  They make the most amazing lobster roll, and delicious fries, and they're open all year round.  I get there maybe 2-3 times a year, so Bob's is always a special treat.  This was my fiance's first time there, but he doesn't do seafood so he enjoyed a cheeseburger.

So Bob's in belly, we continued North to Ogunquit.  After finding a parking spot, we walked to the hotel.  He approves!  Whew.  Next, bakery.  I had sampled cake once before, but the fiance had never had a fresh sample, so we each had a cupcake then ordered our wedding cake.  One 3-tier vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream, and one sheet cake with vanilla cake, rasperry filling, and lemon buttercream.  Since we had a tasting for the reception in just 2 hours, we walked off the Bob's and cupcakes along the Marginal Way.  It's so beautiful.  Hopefully we'll be able to get pictures there for the wedding.

Last stop, food tasting!  We tried 3 different salads, caprese, caesar, and garden; chicken picatta; and 2 fish dishes, baked seafood-stuffed haddock and caramelized salmon filet.  I was disappointed they didn't have any appetizers or beef dishes for us to sample, but oh well.  What we had was delicious!  The place uses local, organic ingredients whenever possible.  I didn't think to snap any pics until we had nearly demolished the food.  And the fiance hates being in pics, that's why the blurry hidden face.





The drive back down to MA was slow-going, being a Sunday evening in the summer.  We were exhausted by the time we got back to my parents house.  Topped the night off with some leftover ice-cream cake from my mom's birthday, and hit the sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment